Engineering Technician IV
December 13, 2021
The Engineering Technician IV will be a member of the PVD Process Engineering group, supporting PVD process, engineering activities and new product development.
The Engineering Technician IV will assist with assembly, testing and debugging of sophisticated PVD semiconductor systems. This position requires working closely with process, hardware, software, and manufacturing engineers to evaluate and improve the hardware and software. This position will require an individual with excellent electro-mechanical skills, a level of detail that insures accuracy of work content, and the ability to multitask as task priorities change.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Assemble complex systems and equipment
- Assist in documenting performance of PVD processing modules in the lab
- Assists engineers in development of testing techniques to determine performance and life cycle metrics
- Assist in reviewing and validating test data, test plans, and design concepts
- Execute test plans, collecting critical data and comparing to metrics
- Investigate reliability issues along with potential solutions for review
- Assist process engineers in customer demos by preparing equipment, conducting mechanical and electrical functionality tests.
- Perform equipment maintenance, repair and troubleshooting; review maintenance records and procedures
- Maintain lab organization and identify key tooling and components to support continued operation of systems and parts quality
- Provide technical support to the Manufacturing
- Other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience is required
- 6 or more years’ experience with capital equipment and complex electromechanical systems
Qualifications and Skills:
- Prior experience working with semiconductor equipment is highly preferred
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematics (Assembly drawings, fabricated parts drawings, P&ID diagrams, electrical schematics etc.)
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team consisting of engineers, manufacturing and process engineering personnel
- Proficiency with Excel for data collection and analysis
- PVD and Etch experience a plus
- High vacuum experience a plus
- Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal
This job operates in a professional office environment, in cleanrooms, and in customer factories around electro-mechanical equipment.
Job duties may be performed in a clean room environment. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds may be required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, etc. Regular airline/overnight travel is required.
Expected Hours of work:
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as assigned by supervisor. This position occasionally requires long hours or weekend work, including overnight stays due to travel.
Domestic or international travel may be required, approximately 5-10%
To apply, click HERE.