Business Unit Director (Wafer Products)
The BU Director has a full responsibility for product strategy, roadmap, and lifecycle of ASM Nexx’s Wafer Products (ECD and PVD), portfolio on a global basis. This position ensures that the Wafer Products Business Unit is meeting goals and objectives that contribute to the overall company success. The BU Director develops and implements company strategic plans aimed at meeting the current and future needs of customers and supporting the company’s overall objectives, including increased revenue and customer satisfaction. Operating with both direct reports and through influence across functional organizations, this role oversees marketing, business development, sales, product management, engineering, new product development, and applications development. This position has direct accountability for the P&L and will be accountable for the Business Unit’s overall performance including market share, product development, financial and KPI metrics, etc.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Responsible for overall profitability of the Wafer Products BU
- Owns P&L and budgeting for the Business Unit, and is a key decision maker on spend across departments
- Monitors and analyzes program development, OPEX, and forecast data to monitor progress towards stated objectives and measure success.
- Defines and drives strategic and business plans, short and long-term growth strategies and positioning of the company’s products in the market.
- Creates sales projections and sets objectives for ECD and PVD products
- Facilitates review of market, technology, and competitive trends leading to development and revision of product strategy/roadmap and organizational priorities.
- Develops product roadmaps that maximize the use of ASM Nexx capabilities supported by differentiation and clearly articulated value proposition
- Grows market share by prioritizing, targeting, and supporting strategic design-in activities, including competitive differentiation and resource trade-offs.
- Prioritizes development efforts to ensure resources are effectively allocated to accomplish strategic goals and drive business revenue.
- Drives new and existing products from inception through all phases of the products’ lifecycle.
- Develops influential relationships with key customers, and in partnership with Sales leadership, owns customer relationships.
- Directs subordinate managers and supervisors in resource allocation, personnel decisions and business priorities
- Selects, develops, and evaluates top-level personnel to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the organization.
- Defines performance metrics and reports on the site’s progress against business unit and account specific goals.
Education and Experience:
- BS, (MS Preferred), in Engineering, MBA preferred
- 15+ years’ related experience in the Semiconductor industry, including product line marketing or General Manager experience
- 5 years’ P&L experience (revenue responsibility above fifty million USD)
- Candidates with both engineering and business sales backgrounds are the most preferred
- Strong knowledge of Semiconductor processes and applications, PVD and ECD applications strongly preferred
- Familiarity with one or more families of semiconductor and advanced packaging equipment, preferably in ECD or PVD
- Experience leading projects with notable risk and complexity; developing strategy for project execution
- Demonstrated strong teamwork, leadership and influencing skills to drive results internally and externally.
- Customer Managing experience, multi region, multi customer experience is plus
Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership and senior management ability
- Proven experience managing a P&L for a product line(s) with overall growth and profitability improvements
- Strong knowledge of semiconductor processes and applications, PVD and ECD applications strongly preferred
- Strong quality-of-result focus, customer-oriented mindset, and innate leadership quality
- Experience developing and deploying a formalized strategic planning process
- Proven ability to evaluate, make recommendation and successfully execute a strategic opportunity
- Demonstrated ownership and accountability, and able to challenge oneself
- Proven ability to excel in fast pace environment and rapidly grow the organization
- Capable of managing multiple customers, programs, and projects
- Ability to support international travel & global time management
- Ability to attract, retain and develop top talent
- Demonstrated skill in influencing others both inside and outside of the team/organization and form cross-functional partnerships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Interested candidates may submit their resume, along with salary requirements directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org