Have you ever wondered what makes the “Smart” in Smart Phones? ASM NEXX is a world leader in the development and manufacture of sophisticated, highly automated process capital equipment used in the production of semiconductor chips that power advanced smart phones and other electronics. We enable our customers to produce faster, thinner and more capable devices at competitive costs.
Due to tremendous growth we are adding a Cost Accountant to our team. The Cost Accountant is responsible for the cost accounting system, accounting practices, and the understanding of manufacturing operations and costs. This position will report to the Manager of Accounting and is ideal for someone with at least 3-5 years of experience and a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Maintain the cost accounting system, documentation and records
- Analyze gross margins and inventory variances
- Conduct GMP cost tracking and reporting
- Analysis of standard cost variances
- Work with managers to identify cost savings opportunities
- Develop overhead rate calculations and analysis
- Assist with monthly/quarterly/annual Financial Reporting requirements, including month-end closing
- Prepare accrual schedules and review cost related account reconciliations
- Assist in the annual budget & monthly forecasts
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- A minimum 3-5 years’ manufacturing cost accounting experience required
- Strong systems knowledge and strong skills/experience with Microsoft Office & M2M
- A candidate with a CPA qualification will be viewed favorably
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven experience analyzing and interpreting data
- Manage multiple projects, priorities, and time efficiently and effectively
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated
- Attention to detail
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to move from one place to another, stay in one position for periods of time, and communicate with others and exchange information, may give presentations; and may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Expected Hours of work:
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as assigned by supervisor. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work.
To apply, click HERE.