Director, Engineering (Wafer Products)
The Director, Engineering for the Wafer Products Business Unit, is responsible for leading all engineering staff for ECD and PVD product lines, in support of business unit objectives. The Director will prioritize tasks and projects within the engineering team and ensure that tasks are on track to meet schedule and budgetary objectives. This position will report directly to the Business Unit Director – Wafer Products.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
Directly supervises and delegates work assignments for hardware engineers and engineering support personnel, including direct employees, contractors, temporary workers, and co-op students.
- Recruits and hires for engineering or related positions to support the business.
- Manages job performance goals/metrics and develops learning and growth opportunities for assigned team.
- Works with the BU Director and Product Managers to define sustaining engineering activities and product roadmap needs.
- Translates product requirements into actionable projects for process, structural, and automation sub-systems, including component selection.
- Develops concept and feasibility hardware designs for quick-cycle testing.
- Develops and executes test plans for hardware functionality, reliability, and continuous improvement.
- Ensures quality of designs and release packages meet standards.
- Collaborates with manufacturing engineering to troubleshoot fabrication problems and improve the overall manufacturability of products.
- Partners with field service engineers and customers to identify product improvement opportunities and devise solutions.
- Monitors projects and schedules for engineering tasks and responds to scheduling changes, as needed.
- Supports sales quote process with engineering applications work, concept analysis, and customer technical specification reviews.
- Provides support for customer upgrade or retrofit opportunities.
- Participates in field escalations, as needed, in collaboration with customer satisfaction team.
Education and Experience:
- BS Mechanical Engineering, MS Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 15+ years technical leadership experience in development of capital equipment for the semiconductor industry
- Minimum 10 years of technical and people management
- Strong knowledge of Semiconductor processes and applications
- Experience in product design in PVD and ECD applications strongly preferred
- Wafer handling and automation processing experience
- Vacuum equipment experience desired
- Customer support experience (pre- and post-sales)
- Management experiences in both people as well as technology in small-to-medium sized teams in a high-growth and dynamic, matrixed environment
- Proven ability to manage effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads or priorities
- Demonstrated expertise in Product Development, Operations or Business Development for New Product Introductions of Semiconductor Capital Equipment. Cross-functional expertise preferred
Qualifications and Skills:
- Thorough understanding of engineering release & change order (ECO) and workflow management.
- Strong project management and analytical skills with demonstrated critical systems thinking
- Technically savvy and can process complex data and ideas involving different domains
- Strong leadership qualities to collaborate, negotiate & influence both throughout the organization and with external parties
- Strong quality-of-result focus, customer-oriented mindset, and innate leadership quality
- Proven ability to excel in fast pace environment, rapidly grow the organization to meet business needs
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability, and able to challenge oneself
- Positive, energetic attitude and initiative, strong work ethic
- Great interpersonal skills and a relationship builder
- Ability to motivate direct reports and influence and drive others with energetic and infectious leadership style
- Strong communication skills, and ability to influence others both inside and outside of the team/organization
- Highly Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to support some international travel & global time management
To apply, click HERE.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V