The ideal candidate will be the champion for Environmental Workplace Health and Safety programs at ASM Nexx. The incumbent will possess a big-picture view of the industry requirements while supporting the business needs of the company.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Provide safety leadership through communications, education and actions.
- Develop and maintain chemical safety systems (e.g., chemical awareness and PPE, maintain chemical database, monitor incoming chemicals for safe handling).
- Conduct weekly walkthrough inspections (SMBWA) and share EHS concerns with facility management. Identify training needs.
- Define and drive the site EHS project map and project implementation; document results.
- Assure compliance with all government laws, regulations and license requirements and measure compliance with government and corporate standard. Maintain EPA, DEP and other safety/environmental permits.
- Monitor workplace accidents and incidents. Participate in incident investigations, identify the root cause and help prevent recurrence.
- Maintain and update emergency response plan, train new employees, coordinate test plans on a defined frequency and validate emergency action plan.
- Identify data and reports needed to monitor performance and compliance against goals.
- Provide workplace and other types of safety training for employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Environment Health & Safety or Industrial Hygiene
- 3-5 years’ experience in Environmental Health & Safety
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Interested candidates should contact: firstname.lastname@example.org