Environmental Health and Safety Engineer II
Develops, implements, and monitors safety and environmental programs and policies within a manufacturing and product development environment, (semiconductor capital equipment). Ensures compliance with government health and safety regulations. Conducts Emergency Response Team, (ERT), and other employee training in emergency response, life safety, industrial hygiene, and chemical and fire hazards. Responds to emergencies, incidents, and accidents; investigates causes and recommends corrective actions. Leads safety audits to identify and mitigate occupational hazards. Completes required federal, state, and local governmental reports relating to safety.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Maintains current knowledge of EHS regulations and ensures regulatory compliance across safety and environmental programs, and licensing requirements, as well as Company standards and policies. These include, but are not limited to OSHA’s Hazard Communication, Control of Hazardous Energies, (Lock-out/Tag-Out), Confined Space, Safe Chemical Handling, PPE, Ergonomics, etc.
- Maintains EPA, DEP, and other safety/environmental permitting.
- Maintains and updates emergency response plans. Trains employees and coordinates test plans on a defined frequency; validates emergency action plans.
- Develops and maintains chemical safety systems, (including chemical awareness, PPE, chemical database, and monitor incoming chemicals to ensure compliance and safe handling).
- Conducts weekly walkthrough inspections, (SMBWA), maintains audit records/reports, and shares safety or environmental concerns with facility management.
- Identifies safety or environmental training needs and implements programs to maintain compliance and promote safety and safe environmental practices. Develops or acquires course content, as needed.
- Conducts training for newly hired employees for Basic Safety and Advanced Safety courses, as well as annual Safety and Environmental Refresher training; implements measures to ensure training effectiveness.
- Aids in defining and driving site EHS projects, including project implementation and documentation; takes an active role on the company Safety Committee.
- Responds to workplace safety or environmental incidents and maintains accident or near miss reporting database, (CSDPro). Conducts accident investigations; recommends or follows-up on corrective actions to ensure completion.
- Coordinates with Human Resources when needed on matters of public/employee health, workers’ compensation claims, or workplace accommodations.
- Provides routine and ad hoc reports intended to monitor the performance of safety and environmental goals. Presents data to Senior Leadership or other management, as required.
- Participates in Safety and Environmental audits, with internal or external auditors or inspectors, and oversees the response to any inquiries or inspections.
- Conducts other job-related duties, as assigned.
- BS in Environmental Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or closely related degree is required.
- Two (2) or more years’ direct experience in a Safety and/or Environmental role.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered as an equivalent to the abovementioned requirements, with the approval of the hiring manager and Human Resources.
- Certified Safety Professional, (CSP), or Certified Industrial Hygienist, (CIH) certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of federal safety and environmental (OSHA, EAP, etc.) regulations
- Self-directed team player that can manage time effectively and prioritize work.
- Ability to interface will all levels within the company, including employees, customers, vendors and guests.
- Creative problem-solver and influencer with the ability to translate complex ideas into easily understandable and actionable recommendations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively deliver presentations and conduct training programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
To apply, click HERE.