Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist provides a wide-range of human resources support to include recruiting, screening, on boarding, compliance, benefits/compensation, training, performance management, and administration of various HR programs. Responds to inquiries and provides counsel to employees and managers regarding the consistent application of policies and procedures. Prepares local and corporate reports. Supports implementation of corporate initiatives and conducts research and analysis for special projects.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Performs with recruiting activities including posting jobs, sourcing/screening candidates, conducting and/or coordinating interviews and gathering feedback, to disposition candidates.
- Develops job descriptions and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to execute business transactions.
- Gathers information, prepares, and obtains approvals for employment offers.
- Prepares and extends employment offer letters to candidates; upon offer acceptance, gathers documents from candidates to initiate background screening and on boarding processes.
- Monitors the status of background screening and confirms start date when cleared.
- Collaborates with Payroll or other HR staff for entry into ADP HRIS; initiates on boarding process with hiring manager.
- Schedules and conducts new hire orientation; follows-up with employees for completion of required forms.
- Ensures compliance with I-9 and E-Verify.
- Coordinates relocation or immigration support, as needed.
- Plans and coordinates job fairs, including support of co-op recruiting activities.
- Coordinates with hiring managers and temporary agencies to fill contingent worker vacancies; sets up temporary employee profiles in HRIS.
- Assists with processing employee status changes, forms, off boarding and termination processing.
- Maintains up-to-date information for weekly recruiting and headcount reports.
- Prepares various corporate and ad hoc reports to support business partners.
- Responsible for administration of benefits for new hires, qualifying events, and the annual open enrollment process; may support vaccine clinics or related events as needed.
- Understands company benefits and fields questions from employees regarding benefits and 401k.
- Provides support for the company’s performance management process.
- Partners with HR Manager for employee engagement activities, including annual survey preparation and execution, focus group activities, pulse surveys, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborates with HR Manager and third party providers to administer leaves of absence, workers’ compensation reporting, and compliance with various leave laws.
- Administers HR-related compliance training; assists with development and execution of other training or enrichment opportunities.
- Provides HR-administration support for employment or wage verifications.
- Supports annual merit and bonus processes with preparation and distribution of notifications to employees.
- Administers employee recognition awards, including service awards and spot bonuses.
- Will assist with other HR-related projects, which may include research and/or analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; will consider Associates’ degree or equivalent with additional job-related experience.
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ HR experience to include Recruiting.
- SHRM-CP, PHR or other HR-certification preferred.
- Prior experience using HRIS systems, preferably ADP Workforce Now.
- Advanced MS Office Skills; including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to use Web-based meeting software, MS Teams preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of relative US laws, (Title VII, EEOC, ADEA, FLSA, FMLA, ADA); knowledge of Massachusetts labor laws strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to work either independently or as part of a team; adapting effectively when priorities change in response to business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
To apply, click HERE.