Logistics Coordinator (Long-term Contract Position)
ASM Nexx, Inc., a manufacturer of capital equipment for the semiconductor industry is seeking a Logistics Coordinator for a long-term contract assignment, (est. 6-12 months). This position will be located at our Billerica, MA campus and will report to the Manger, Materials.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and expediting movement of materials or components between outsourced contract manufacturers and internal supply chain/manufacturing stakeholders. This individual will also assist, as needed, with preparation and completion of US export compliance documentation, as needed.
Key Job Duties:
- Coordinates with internal and external customers to coordinate the movement of materials.
- Partners with purchasing to acquire materials needed for sub-contract companies and spare parts or consumable items; follows up on the status of delivery dates, material availability status, and invoicing.
- Communicates with manufacturing planners/schedulers to advise on the readiness of materials for preparation of build schedules.
- Completes order-entry into MRP system, (Made2Manage, for information regarding customer orders. Maintains excel spreadsheets.
- Coordinates with Shipping and Receiving for the movement of materials between internal and external customers.
- Confirms shipment processing and clearing for invoice generation. Maintains files and record retention.
- Inputs data into the AES, (Automated Export System), to generate shipping documentation in compliance with US export regulations, as needed.
- Performs other administrative duties to support the materials/logistics function.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Associate’s degree preferred, coupled with at least 3 years’ logistics coordination experience, preferably for a manufacturing or distribution company.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, Outlook, MS Teams.
- Strong organizational and collaborative skills with an attention to detail.
- Prior experience using MRP systems for retrieving information or data entry.
- Self-driven individual who can work independently and use creative problem-solving skills while multi-tasking with concurrent responsibilities.
Interested candidates should contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of their resume and salary requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer