Manufacturing Technician IV/Senior
Due to tremendous growth in the semiconductor capital equipment industry, ASM NEXX, is hiring a experienced senior Manufacturing Technician that will preform mechanical and electrical assembly tasks using hand or power tools to produce assemblies or sub-assemblies used in the production of semiconductor capital equipment. Works under limited supervision within a clean-room environment, following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and mechanical/electrical schematics as a member of a production cell. Complies with site environmental, health, and safety policies.
This position will require an individual with excellent electro-mechanical skills, a level of detail that insures accuracy of work content, and the ability to multitask as task priorities change.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Operates hand or power tools to assemble electrical and mechanical assemblies/sub-assemblies
- Follows blueprints, SOPs, guidelines and/or diagrams to ensure product specifications and tolerance levels are met
- Troubleshoots problems and makes necessary adjustments to equipment set ups
- Conducts functional testing and in-process visual inspection of parts, sub-assemblies, and instruments following test protocols
- Maintains required records of production and reports any inconsistencies or equipment issues following standard procedures
- Adheres to Quality Management System and ISO9001 requirements
- Adheres to PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) requirements and other environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations
- Supports various engineering development and lab maintenance activities as required
- Participates in daily team stand-up meetings to share daily challenges and/or ideas
- Participates in improvement events, such as Kaizen, 5S, or Practical Process Improvements
- May train and mentor new or less-experienced technicians
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associate’s degree in a technical discipline preferred
- 6 or more years’ of manufacturing experience, preferably with capital equipment and/or complex electromechanical systems
Qualifications and Skills:
- Prior experience working with semiconductor equipment is highly preferred
- Expertise in use of hand and power tools
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematics (Assembly drawings, fabricated parts drawings, P&ID diagrams, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other computer systems and platforms
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to sit or stand at a workbench for extended periods of time; bend, stoop, reach, turn as required
- Good manual dexterity, (e.g. grasping, holding, picking, placing, twisting, fine manipulation)
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs. unassisted
This job operates in a professional office environment, in cleanrooms, and in customer factories around electro-mechanical equipment.
Job duties may be performed in a clean room environment. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds may be required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, etc. Regular airline/overnight travel is required.
Expected Hours of work:
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as assigned by supervisor. This position requires occasional overtime work to meet business demands, which may include weekend work.
To apply, click HERE.