Materials Handler III/Driver
This position is primarily responsible for unpacking the materials for manufacturing from a packing list, disassembling equipment, and packing finished goods in a stockroom and in a warehouse environment. This person will also be picking up materials from local vendors and delivering them to our storage warehouse in Westford and delivering goods to Billerica.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Verifies correct parts/materials received matching to packing list
- Unpacks and unwraps materials for use by manufacturing
- Uses hand truck, pallet jack, or other wheeled carts to move materials
- Delivers materials to the transfer area for use by manufacturing
- Places incoming inventory into designated stockroom areas
- Uses hand and power tools to disassemble equipment for packing
- Wraps and packs components for shipping
- Some sub-assembly work with hand tools
- Performs other job-related duties, as assigned
- Follows safety procedures/protocols
- Assists in managing inventory
- Pick up and delivers materials from local vendors to and from Westford and Billerica
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent, combined with one or more years’ prior stockroom, material handling or shipping experience preferred
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally with assistance. Incumbent must be able to follow instructions and work independently with minimal supervision
- Incumbent will be required to wear steel-toed safety shoes and/or other required personal protective equipment, as necessary
- Good driving record
This job operates in a stockroom/warehouse and manufacturing environment and routinely uses computers, bar-scanners, and material-handling tools such as a pallet jack or other wheeled carts. May use box cutters or related hand-held tools. Drives company vehicle to deliver and pickup materials from local warehouse facilities.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to stand, walk, lift up to 20 lbs. frequently, (up to 50 lbs. occasionally). The incumbent will communicate verbally or in writing to exchange information, and may need to grasp hand-held devices, (scanners), or use a keyboard. The incumbent will be required to visually read information, either printed, or available on electronic devices or computer monitors.
Expected Hours of work:
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. This position can occasionally require overtime work, which may include working on a weekend.
Occasional local travel to deliver and pickup materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, click HERE.