Mechanical Designer, SR
The SR Mechanical Designer update and Designs detailed 3D engineering models and drawings for semiconductor capital equipment using CAD software.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
• Works closely with product design engineers to update, create and edit detailed 3D – models and CAD drawings for Semiconductor capital equipment.
• Correct any drawing errors, red marks, mistakes of GD&T and missed items
• Supports design activities for existing products and design creation for new products.
• Develops and evaluates the feasibility of designs and suggests cost reductions, reliability improvements, and ways to increase product manufacturability using DFM (Design for Manufacture) methodology.
• Prepares and/or updates assembly Bill of Materials in ERP, (enterprise resource planning) system and provides engineering documentation as required.
• Prepares and submits ECO’s in collaboration with engineers.
• Collaborates with cross-functional team (Design, plan, purchase and manufacturing) to address technical decisions, coordinate work, and execute projects.
• Communicates with vendors to validate component selection, consider alternatives, and ensure compliance with specification requirements.
Education and Experience:
• AS in Computer Aided-Design, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
• Seven (7) or more years’ experience creating mechanical CAD designs and documentation experience
Qualifications and Skills:
• Solid understanding of solid/fluid mechanics, structural design, and CAD design/layout.
• Proficiency with PLM/PDM applications like SolidWorks EPDM or PTC WinChill.
• Knowledge of ECO and ECR processes
• Prior experience designing industrial automated equipment and control systems preferred
• Knowledge of semiconductor equipment and wafer processing preferred
• Familiar with manufacturing floor, machine shop or integration operation
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. Incumbent may routinely work in a clean room environment to investigate the operation of equipment and monitor workflow.
Job duties may be performed in an office or in a clean room environment. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds may be required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as moving mechanical parts, etc. Occasional local travel to offsite manufacturing facility or to vendor companies may be required.
Expected Hours of work:
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m
Local/regional travel may be required, approximately 0 – 10%
To apply, click HERE.