Mechanical Engineer II
The Mechanical Engineer II is a member of the Wafer Engineering department, focusing on mechanical designs that improve/enhance performance of the Wafer ECD and PVD equipment. The individual will perform engineering design conceptualization, development, testing, and release for various components and assemblies on the equipment. The individual will also provide engineering support to field service and process engineers for troubleshooting and problem solving.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Perform evaluation and (re-)design of new or existing designs for performance, manufacturability, serviceability, and cost improvements
- Generate all required layout, drawings, and documents associated with the design
- Develop and execute test plans to ensure design intent is properly realized
- Solve equipment performance issues using best-in-class problem-solving methods
- Plan project requirements and specifications; prepare and present project status reports
Education and Experience:
BS in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field.
- Zero (0) to three (3) years of design experience, preferably with industrial machinery
- Semiconductor equipment experience is a strong plus
Qualifications and Skills:
- Entrepreneurial spirit with rigorous engineering design and experimentation skills
- High proficiency of modern CAD systems (SolidWorks preferred)
- Familiarity with common plastic/metal fabrication and finishing technologies, pneumatics, plumbing, and/or automation
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Job duties may be performed in confined areas in a clean room environment. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds may be required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, etc.
Expected Hours of work:
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as assigned by supervisor. This position occasionally requires long hours and weekend work.
Domestic or international travel may be required, approximately 0 – 10%
To apply, click HERE.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V