Production Planner II- Consumables
The Production Planner II, Consumables is responsible for a product group’s daily production requirements; leading the manufacturing team, managing material requirement, and inventory management. He/she works closely with the department manager to guarantee production goals are achieved in a safe, efficient, and cooperative environment.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Lead production team by directing work flow. Assist in setting priorities and delivering on time.
- Planning of materials and capacity; create and monitor jobs as required.
- Monitor production status to resolve issues in a timely manner; escalate risks to planned completion date to the manager.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of required production records.
- Train and mentor new or less-experienced technicians in correct manufacturing methods and procedures. Continue to provide technical assistance and coaching as needed.
- Operate hand or power tools to assemble mechanical assemblies by following blueprints, SOPs, guidelines, and/or diagrams to ensure product specifications and tolerance levels are met.
- Conduct functional testing and in-process visual inspection of parts, sub-assemblies, and instruments following test protocols when needed to support delivery schedule.
- All other duties as assigned
- Build and maintain inventory accuracy by:
- Performing required warehouse material movements both physically and systematically.
- Picking, and delivering materials for job orders when needed to support warehouse.
- Resolving job order material issues and closing them per established procedures.
- Conducting timely cycle counts per established procedures
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse. Highlight areas for improvement to manager.
- Support production by driving timely material movements per established procedures.
- Assist Planning and Purchasing personnel with other production related tasks, including but not limited to escalation of potential issues to ensure operational success.
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s degree in a technical discipline preferred.
- 4 or more years of manufacturing experience, preferably with capital equipment and/or complex electromechanical systems combined with lead experience preferred.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proficient with MRP/ERP computer systems
- Expertise with assembly using hand and power tools
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal contacts
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Performs all functions of the job with a professional attitude and good judgement
Supervisory Responsibilities: Lead Consumables Production Team
This job operates in a professional office, in cleanrooms, and in warehouse environment; routinely uses standard office equipment. Routinely uses standard office equipment and materials movement vehicles such as hand trucks, pallet jacks, or other wheeled carts.
Job duties may be performed in a clean room environment and office environment. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds may be required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to move from one place to another, stay in one position for periods of time, and communicate with others and exchange information.
Expected Hours of work:
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as assigned by supervisor. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work.
To apply, click HERE.