Software Applications Engineer (2 positions)
The Software Applications Engineer is responsible for understanding machine sub-system requirements, developing codes to achieve product performance, and testing developed codes in a simulated and actual machine environment. This position will determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions. This position may document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Contributes as a member of a high-performing agile software team to develop machine control software
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products
- Collaborates with process and equipment engineers to identify system requirements and/or modifications and translate product requirements into machine control software
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Works with process engineers to implement data driven chemical and material control using database architecture
- Conducts software testing; evaluates and reports results
- May visit customer sites to assist with software upgrades or troubleshoot software-related issues on installed machinery
- Communicates status of work progress to manager, customers, and other team members , as required
Education and Experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years’ relevant software experience
- Additional education, such as an advanced degree, may be considered towards meeting the experience requirements with approval form the hiring manager and Human Resources
Qualifications and Skills:
- Familiarity with equipment control software development, testing, and quality control
- Expertise in C, C++, C#, and .NET programming
- Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Productive and organized ability to prioritize objectives and manage time
- Ability to apply logic/problem-solving skills to solve problems and apply creative software solutions
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. Will occasionally work in a clean-room environment or customer site to install or test software.
Domestic or international travel may be required, approximately 10-20%
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, click HERE.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V