Supervisor II, Technical Support
Oversees the technical support of company customers by field engineers and technical support specialists who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing complex electro/mechanical equipment. Supervises technical staff that responds to situations where standard operating procedures may or may not exist or may have failed to isolate or fix problems in non-functioning equipment or systems. Establishes and maintains communication with design engineering and software development on design, reliability, and maintenance issues. Ensures that staff is current with the latest upgrades and/or new releases. May be involved in customer installation and training programs. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Supervises a team of field service engineers to drive tool performance to world-class standards.
- Directs troubleshooting efforts to resolve customer tool issues to root cause determination.
- Coordinates tool installations and upgrades at customer locations.
- Tracks field performance of semiconductor capital equipment and utilizes data to influence engineering projects.
- Participates in ASM NEXX’s worldwide support community and actively shares knowledge.
- Enhances worldwide learning and its application through leadership.
- Mentors field and account engineers and assists in the development of the team.
- Builds customer confidence through an understanding of the customer’s perspective to support local field service and account teams.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years’ experience in the semiconductor industry preferred or Associates degree with 10 years’ experience in the semiconductor industry
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in the semiconductor equipment industry as a Field Service Engineer.
- One or more years of prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with physical vapor deposition and/or electrochemical deposition preferred.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting methods such as KT (Kepner Tregoe), model-based problem solving, PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act), 7-step, etc.
- Working knowledge of MS Teams collaboration software.
- MS Office suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Directs a team of up to 8 field service engineers.
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. Additionally, this job often operates in a cleanroom environment which requires wearing cleanroom attire.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to move from one place to another, stay in one position for periods of time, and communicate with others and exchange information, may give presentations; and may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Expected Hours of work:
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as assigned by supervisor. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work. Additionally, there may be meetings outside of nominal business hours to meet with our international teams.
Domestic or international travel may be required, approximately 15 – 20%
To apply, click HERE.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V