Systems Engineer, Principal
Responsible for driving innovation at both the total system and specific subsystem levels for wafer and panel ECD and PVD processing equipment. This includes sub-system and critical part conceptualization, fabrication, and testing, in coordination with process engineering team. Expertise in multiple domains of mechanical, electrical, and manufacturing engineering, is required.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Works with process engineers and customers to understand system requirements and develop innovative hardware solutions to ensure ASM-NEXX equipment remains ahead of customer requirements.
- Invents and develops process modules and automation solutions for next generation ECD and PVD equipment.
- Performs CAD design of hardware, including special fabrication methods and detailed tolerancing as required, and ensure drawings or MBD packages are suitable for fabrication by ASM-NEXX supply chain.
- Performs simulations, for example in COMSOL, MATLAB, or other simulation software as appropriate to refine design concepts prior to fabrication and to verify design principals on prototype hardware.
- Defines system electrical, pneumatic and other integration logic using P&ID layouts.
- Works with software engineering team to define software requirements for equipment sub-systems.
- Collaborates with electrical engineering team to ensure electrical design and schematics are suitable for system functionality and manufacturing.
- Partners with manufacturing team to incorporate DFMA analysis into innovations and to ensure prototypes move smoothly into manufacturing.
- Defines test protocols to verify system performance and reliability. Directs the building of test-stands required to execute testing and collect data.
- Troubleshoots and resolves process equipment issues using best-in-class tools such as troubleshooting matrices, fishbone diagrams, FMEA and other structured problem solving methods.
- Leads project teams.
- Mentor other engineers.
Education and Experience:
- PhD or MS in Mechanical, Electrical, or Materials Engineering
- 10 or more years’ experience with equipment engineering, preferably in the semiconductor manufacturing equipment industry
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering
- Proficient in SolidWorks or similar design software
- Skilled in the use of MATLAB, MathCad, or similar systems for simulations
- Project Management Skills and a working knowledge of MS Office and MS Project
- Familiarity with P & ID designs
- Familiarity with software programming languages—C/C++ preferred
- Ability to design for manufacturability using DFMA analysis
- Ability to design and conduct product testing and analyze results
Knowledge of FMEA and other problem-solving methods
Interested candidates may submit their resume, along with salary requirements to: email@example.com