Systems Engineering Manager
The Manager of Systems Engineering in Advanced Technology will drive innovation for wafer and panel ECD and PVD processing hardware to ensure that ASM-NEXX equipment remains ahead of customer requirements. The incumbent will lead a team of mechanical and electrical engineers to develop new capital equipment platforms.
This includes sub-system and critical part conceptualization, fabrication and testing, BOM structuring and working with manufacturing engineering to ensure ASM-NEXX stays at the leading edge of capital equipment in the Advanced Packaging market. Expertise in multiple domains including mechanical, electrical and manufacturing engineering is required.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Lead a team of mechanical and electrical engineers, applying their collective skills to complex programmatic challenges and overseeing development of their engineering talent.
- Design and invent process module and automation solutions for next generation ECD and PVD equipment based on requirements from process engineers and customers.
- Oversee & perform CAD design of hardware, using special fabrication methods and detailed tolerances as required.
- Ensure best practices for applying GD&T and tolerance analysis to parts and assemblies.
- Lead a transition to using Model-based Definition (MBD) for Product Data Management.
- Apply a systems approach to tool design using process and instrumentation diagram (P&ID) drawings for electrical, pneumatic and control logic.
- Ensure best practices for electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Coordinate with the manufacturing team to include DFMA analysis for new designs and to ensure prototypes move smoothly into manufacturing.
- Create test protocols to verify system performance and reliability and coordinate building and operating of test-stands to validate long-term performance.
- Solve process equipment issues using best-in-class tools such as troubleshooting matrices, fishbone diagrams, FMEA and other structured problem solving methods.
- Estimate program costs and track projects to meet time-to-market and budgetary goals.
Education and Experience:
- PhD or MS in mechanical, electrical or materials engineering strongly desired; BS in mechanical, electrical or materials engineering required
- 5 or more years’ experience managing mechanical and electrical engineers
- 15 or more years’ experience engineering large capital equipment, preferably in the semiconductor manufacturing industry.
Domestic or international travel may be required, <10%
To apply, click HERE.