Systems Test Engineer (2 Positions)
ASM Nexx, a manufacturer of capital equipment in semiconductor industry, is hiring a Systems Test Engineer to join their team in Billerica.
The System Test Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, modifying and evaluating testing processes for semiconductor process systems and subsystems. Leads a variety of electronic, mechanical, electromechanical and other diagnostic tests on capital equipment, sub-assemblies, and parts to ensure units function according to specifications or to define the cause of failure using electronic tools and other instruments.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Develop, revise, document, validate, and improve the functional test processes for existing electro-mechanical assemblies and complex capital equipment.
- Lead systems/assemblies/components functional test, troubleshooting/debugging, cable test, crimp inspections and other inspections/tests in manufacturing and engineering area.
- Document test results as well as recognizing and documenting deviations, anomalies, and failures during testing.
- Creates test fixtures, test stations, calibration/programming/test protocols and work instructions. Provide testing and manufacturing related training to engineers and technicians.
- Generates drawings, schematics and diagrams.
- Generates Bills of Material.
- Provide support to New Product Introduction projects, Continuous Improvement Projects and other projects assigned.
- Work cooperatively with internal departments, contract manufacturers and external suppliers to develop and deliver solutions.
- Process engineering and manufacturing changes through PLM and ERP systems.
- Assist in NC, CAPA, and field complaint investigation, root cause analysis.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Electrical, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience and education level.
- 6+ years in Manufacturing Test or Manufacturing engineering, or equivalent, preferably in semiconductor industry.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with electrical schematic generation utilizing AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Experience in electronics troubleshooting and electronic testing design, collecting data and reporting results.
- Familiar with common types of sensors, motors, and other automation components and an understanding of how they work, and common failure modes.
- Project management skills including ability to work with outside vendors and working cross functionally with other engineering disciplines.
- Self-motivated and have multitask skills to balance competing priorities.
- Strong team spirit and flexibility working in fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and emphasis on excellence in innovation.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, click HERE.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V