Technical Communications Specialist (Contract)
The Technical Writer and Videographer captures the assembly and test process of constructing large capital equipment for the purposes of remote training. The individual will be in the manufacturing and test area working with Mfg Engineering and Production Technicians to capture step-by-step assembly and test activities in sequence, supplemented with technical notes based upon their interaction. Produces products that conform to the company templates, style and quality standards.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Work with internal teams to gain in-depth understanding of product and documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards for intended audience
- Create work instructions or tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Engineering release of completed documentation
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing, English, Communications or related field combined with 2+ years prior experience working in a technical writing/communication position, or an Associate’s Degree in related field combined with 5+ years prior experience working in a technical writing/communication position.
- Experience in creating instructional video/streams preferred, particularly of a technical nature.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts and make them understandable in text and pictures
- Able to plan, capture, and edit instructional video of technical assembly and test processes
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Skilled at prioritization, attention to detail, multitasking and ability to work under pressure
This job operates in a clean rooms, labs, and the professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment and specialty equipment required for the particular tasks of the role described.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to move from one place to another, stay in one position for periods of time, and communicate with others and exchange information, may give presentations; and may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Expected Hours of work:
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as assigned by supervisor. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work.
Domestic travel may be required, approximately 10 – 15%
To apply, click HERE.