Technical Trainer II
The Technical Trainer II is responsible for customer & employee training and content development for the operation and mantenance of ASM NEXX semiconductor processing equipment including: Stratus Electrochemical Deposition (ECD), Apollo Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD), P500 Panel Plating systems, and future products.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
Develops technical product training curriculum and content regarding system operation & maintenance to all levels of customers: Technical Support Engineers, Manufacturing Technicians and Field Service Engineers.
- Provides introductory product overview to new sales people and other employees, as required.
- Designs course outlines, gathers supporting technical documentation and develops course workbooks, presentations and trainer notes.
- Publish and maintain training calendar and coordinate resource logistics.
- Interface with engineering, software, technical support, and technical writers to develop specifications for course content.
- Ensures training program(s) meet company and customer performance-based objectives and certification.
- Ensures effectiveness of training by following up with customers/trainees to obtain feedback.
- May require occasional domestic or international travel to deliver onsite customer or field service engineer training, up to 10-20 %
- Training environment may be combination of classroom, process or engineering labs, and production floor, and may require work inside of a cleanroom with applicable gowning, personal protective equipment or related protocols.
- Providing CIP, (Continuous Improvement Process), or module upgrade training.
Education and Experience:
BS degree in engineering, technology or other relevant field, combined with at least 5 years‘ experience with semiconductor process equipment, either technical support, service, or training; OR an AS degree, or equivalent, in an engineering, technology, or other relevant field, with 7 or more years‘ of relevant experience with semiconductor processing equipment.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate to varied audiences that include non-native English speakers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel, Outlook, and advanced PowerPoint proficiency).
10-20% domestic and international travel is required.
To apply, click HERE.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V