Quality Engineer II
January 7, 2022
The Quality Engineer is responsible for a supporting and maintaining Quality System, managing/analyzing customer complaints, conducting internal and external audits, and quality considerations are adequately covered in the design, testing, and release of materials, components, and products.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Supports and maintains the quality system and is able to make quality system recommendations and follow through implementation.
- Drive improvement of ASM NEXX Quality through analyzing non-conformances (NC’s) and performing root cause analysis of discrepancies. Propose, review and implement approved corrective and preventive actions.
- Collaborate with all internal groups and customers to help determine root cause of customer issues, Requests, and CAPAs using various techniques including but not limited to PFMEA, Control Plans, Five Whys, Ishikawa (fishbone) Diagrams, Pareto Analysis, etc.
- Support non-conforming material issues resolution with suppliers.
- Collaborate with customer to help determine root cause of customer issues.
- Contribute to the ongoing assessment of current and new potential suppliers.
- Support continuous supplier improvement through collection of data and performing statistical analysis.
- Promptly respond to manufacturing floor quality issues, taking appropriate action to drive and document resolution.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers, assembly, production and test to identify trends and propose and implement corrective actions.
- Follow up on CAR effectiveness.
- Participates in New Product Development to assure quality considerations are adequately covered in the design, testing, and release of materials, components, and products.
- Analyzes causes of defects and recommends or leads teams who recommend corrective actions.
- Develop and review documented operating procedures associated with material inspection or processes.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science or engineering discipline, combined with 2 or more years’ related experience
Qualifications and Skills:
- Positive attitude, self-motivator, and tenacious follow up required.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong electro-mechanical orientation.
- Knowledge of ISO9001, IPC 610 and 620 standards beneficial.
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to move from one place to another, stay in one position for periods of time, and communicate with others and exchange information, may give presentations; and may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Expected Hours of work:
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as assigned by supervisor. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work.
Domestic or international travel may be required, approximately 10 %
To apply, click HERE.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V